DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
Date of Establishment: Affiliated On November 1961.
50% in Aggregate and 55% in Subject in the previous Qualifying Examination.
Activities conducted by the Department:
The faculty members felt the need for remodeling the teaching method. We have gone beyond the traditional LECTURE-DISCUSSION method and have introduced modern teaching techniques to provide wholesome coverage of the subject. The Department has introduced the following teaching techniques:
- Power-Point Presentations
- Seminars (conducted both by the faculty and the students)
- Content Analysis
- Forming Questionnaires and conducting Interviews in order to conduct Projects.
- Inter-Departmental Lectures
- Lectures by eminent external Professors.
- Learning by Teaching
- Peer Group interactions.
- Conducting educational tours.
- Demonstration lectures coupled with relevant documentaries
Achievement of the Department
The Department has impressive record in terms of the performance of the students in the University Examinations and also in terms of their placement in different career avenues. Many of the students of the Department have successfully completed higher education and had undertaken research programmes. A number of them are either acting as teacher in different academic institutions or are working in corporate sector. The Department is particularly active in imbibing a research temperament among its students.