EDUCATION STUDIES DEPARTMENT
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT- 1961
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA– The eligibility criterion is as per Calcutta University regulations. The students who obtained 55% in aggregate and 60% in the subject are eligible for Honours course. For SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category 40% in aggregate or 40% in subject or related subjects and for physically challenged and outstanding sports persons obtaining 50% in aggregate and 45% in subject are eligible for Honours course. Students with Education Honours and General are not eligible for opting for Women’s Studies as a general subject combination.
ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY THE DEPARTMENT–
- Department organizes excursion to supplement theoretical knowledge.
- Regular parent-teacher meeting.
- Students and faculty participate in the institutional social responsibility programme and extension activities organized by Alumni Association and Extension Committee.
- Students participate in co-curricular activities such as painting, photography and other cultural activities.
Events and Workshops:
- Seminar paper presentation by the students for self learning.
- Extension Lectures arranged by the department.
- Inter disciplinary lectures to expand the horizon of knowledge.
- Dr Seema Banerjee : MA PhD. Certificate in Psychological counseling. Special area of interest EDUCATIONAL Guidance and
- Dr Sonali Chakrabarti : Participated in various national and State level seminar s as speaker and chair person of technical sessions on Sociology and cultural studies. Published books on Educational, Sociology and psychology.Appointed as guest lectuer in Calcutta University , Department of Education. Regularly visit other universities as invited lecturer.
- Prof Sumitra Poddar : Present papers in various national and international seminar s Special area of interest EDUCATIONAL