DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Year of establishment:1955
Year of Affiliation : 1961
Departmental activities :
- Class Seminars
- Interdisciplinary seminar
- COM 3rd Year Project
- T Project
- Parent Teacher Meeting
- Departmental Meeting
- Evaluation of C.U answer scripts sent to department under new policy of decentralization.
Eligibility Norms for admission to B.COM (Honours in Accounting and Finance)
For General Category : 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in Accountancy.
55% marks in aggregate and 55% marks in Maths/Stats(For science
For SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B Category: 40% marks in aggregate OR 40% marks in related subject.
For Physically challenged and for outstanding sports person: 50% marks in aggregate and 45% marks in any related subject.
- Corporate Placement with TCS Ltd
- Faculty Development Program
- Departmental Journal
Departmental Events and workshop
- Sharmishtha Banerjee presented a seminar on Global Links in association with Tupperware and Rollins College
- Dipanjan Mukherjee Regional Manager, ICICI Direct Center for Financial Learning conducted a business game named ‘Stock MIND Season 3, Quest for the Best Budding Investor’.
- Sitangshu Khatua and Prof Swagata Sengupta, Faculty-MEC delivered a talk on the 2-year full-time MBA-course for higher studies in Management at the Post-Graduate Level at Heritage Business School, in Eastern India.
- Subhash Mishra Asst. Manager IBS ICFAI Group, Marketing Team-Kolkata Campus presented a seminar on ‘Acquiring Live Skills through Management Education’
- Kamal Ghosh Ray, Prof. of Finance, Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management,(AICTE approved), Ministry of HRD. Govt. of India Hyderabad presented a seminar and highlighted the prospects of MBA to broaden the outlook of the students towards higher education.
- A Presentation on “Higher Education in France” was organised by Amitava Das, Co-ordinator at Campus France Kolkata in association with French Embassy in India, to promote higher education in various Universities of France.
- A talk was delivered by Riddhiman Sarkar, Sr. Counsellor at BML Munjal University (BMU), Hero Group to all 3 Year’s Students of Commerce Department. It was aimed at encouraging the students to take up Forensic Accounting as a career option.
- An aptitude test was organized by the Faculties of Brainware Computer Centre for all students of Commerce Department. Selected candidates were later on offered a scholarship for any course which they would choose to take up with Brainware.
M.com (gold Medalist-C.U.), CMA
M.Com., M.Phil., CMA
Ph.D, M.Com, Dip-in-Mgt, B.Ed
M.Com, Ph.D., NET, SLET, CMA
M.Com, CMA, SAS, SLET
M.Phil, M.Com, B.Ed.
M.com (Gold Medalist), M.Phil, NET, ACA
M.Com, B.Ed., PGDIRPM
M.Com and M.Phil
M.Com., M. Phil